1. The high cost of housing in the UK puts millions of people into poverty each year.
2. This is a big problem in London but it also affects people in all parts of the UK
3. People of all races are in poverty because of housing costs but ethnic minorities are particularly badly affected
4. People in all types of households are in poverty because of the cost of housing, but single parent families are particularly badly affected
5. Many working age disabled people are in poverty because of the cost of housing, unlike disabled pensioners who are less likely to be in poverty once housing costs are taken into account
6. In fact, in general fewer pensioners are in poverty thanks to the housing system
7. Many people who rent are put into poverty by the cost of their housing.